1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 Dogs Need New Homes in OK

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Sep 27, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I didn't know the correct place to put this, so I assumed this area would be best.

Since my grandfather passed last week, we've been trying to decide what to do with the dogs that he had. 2 of the dogs have already had homes found for them. 2 others are in need of a new place to stay.

1 is a boxer mix female. She is larger than an average boxer, I'd say around 60-70 lbs. I believe she may have shepherd in her, but I'm not certain. She's very friendly but I do not suggest for a home with small children. The other is a small Shih Tzu mix female. She is blonde with white and very sweet. She would do well in any home and is, I'm guessing, approximately 10-15 lbs.

I can only assume neither of these dogs has been spayed. I know for a fact that the Shih Tzu mix has not as she has had 2 litters of puppies. Do not ask me why, I could not tell you. I do not know about the Boxer mix?

If you are in the OK or AR area and have an interest in giving these two dogs a good home, please let me know!

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I hope you are able to find homes for them. My grandpa passed last year and my folks took his shepherd (a little grudgingly.) But she is being a good girl. Tough to give away a dog that belonged to a loved one.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Yes...that it is. Two of his dogs were taken in by family, it's just hard because we have little or no info on these dogs.

I really need to get photos...I think I will try to get some this next Thursday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by