2 Dominiques.. 24 wks and 2 days old.. FIRST LITTLE BROWN EGG!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Porlalee, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Porlalee

Porlalee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    What an exciting event!!! With all the noise and commotion these two girls have been raising lately.. I would hope we would have atleast found an egg... whew... Here in the suburbs... and on the down-low... Whew.... Think our cover is now blown.. big time. These girls are NOT QUIET!!! Up until the past 3 weeks or so, though, I would have said they gotta be among the quieter breeds.. And during the day, they are... but lately they have been getting ready for the big deal and let me tell ya... they are telling the world about it. We hope the neighbors are not getting the full impact, but even a small impact is something else, I am sure. Hope it doesn't work out badly for us. We are allowed the girls here, but the number of feet between them and residences is now before the city... they are trying to work it out. If it goes our way, they will bring it down from 50 feet to 20 or 25... that will barely work for us.. Most all of the lots in San Diego proper are small, like ours.. Wish us luck. I get so much help and encouragement and learn so much each time I log-on. Thanks everyone..

2. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Congrats! 2 of my 3 Dominiques are giving us a tiny light brown egg every 2 or 3 days now. It's so cool!

I hope things go your way. And I know how you feel. Where I am, we are supposed to have 2 acres to have livestock. We don't have that much, but the chickens are out of sight most of the time and so far, no one has complained about the noise! Even with a rooster!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by