2 drake cayuga ducks fighting

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kellistill, Apr 25, 2017.

1. kellistill

kellistill New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    quakertown
    I got my drakes as babies. they grew up together.totally fine. up until recently. they are fighting bad. im sure its hormones, no femalea are present, theres clearly an alpha male, and hes ripping feathers off my boy daffy. and donald even charges ME when hes out on free range. i dont know what to do. so i get rid of donald? temp seperate them? they fight the most when im present. i watch from the house and i dont see them fighting to. its clearly one sided too. pen is big. has indoor/ outdoor and even a built in pond. very spoiled. will it pass? i need help. i was told 2 drakes w no fwmale they wont fight especially if they grow up together. this is not the case now...[​IMG]

2. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

It's breeding season and your have sexually frustrated Drakes...The fighting when your around is possibly because your their mate...;).....The chasing is because he might be herding you away from the other Drake?.....Time to separate, sell one or get Females....:)......

Cheers!

3. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    England
    My Coop
    I agree, lol they think you are their female! LOL no offence by the way! xxx [​IMG]

4. kellistill

kellistill New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    quakertown
    oh geez!!!! hahaa. i love my fat boys.. i have enough room for a female but they will fight her too. i wasnt trying to have baby ducks everywhere. i know its mating season. and i got 2 drakes because all i read is it would be ok if they grew up since hatching and they did. my poor guy is missing festhers on his head. if i seperate them. i have indoor/outdoor cages. can i re intergrate them later? i still find it so weird that the big one charges at me when they are out grazing..

5. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Not much you can do...Drakes just being Drakes..:)......

Best wishes....:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by