1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 drakes, 7 hens.......no eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by spish, Apr 12, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    if you were a duck, where would you hide your eggs?

we have 2 drakes with 7 hens...all between 7 months and 14 months old (bar one drake who is nearly 2)
    so really the girls should be laying...no?

ive searched high and low and have yet to find a single duck egg.........do they not lay until the summer or are they hiding them really really well???

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    MIne are in a huge pen with shavings-buried treasure is what I call it! You can never visually see them as they HIDE them on me-dig around on the floor some more-if they are laying -theyd be hidden on floor under bedding:)

3. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i cleaned out all the house totally this past weekend, nothing in there....would they bury them in the ground perhaps??(so i have no chance of finding them lol!)

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:ooh that IDK? Mine have never laid outside-always in the higest point of shavings. Maybe yours just arent laying yet again? Or keep them locked up in coop for the day to see if they are laying? If you find no eggs after 24 hours-Id assume they arent laying again yet.-burying in ground? They could be but I've never had to deal with that and there fore cant really much on that note-sorry:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by