2 easy quick meals my whole family loved.... No complaints at all

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by SophieLain127, May 14, 2009.

1. SophieLain127

SophieLain127 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    So it's gotten warmer and sandwiches just sounded blah.... So I came up with two meals I'd like to share....

Tuna Melt Burittos
    -mix two cans drained tuna, mayo and shredded cheese. To the consistancy of your choice

-Spread on a buritto shell (you can use white or a fun carrot or spinache one)

-Fold and pop into a warm skillet and toast.

I served it with a lettuce, cherry tomato and black olive salad. I put a pickle next to the buritto and voila a instant family hit.

Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli rice Buritto
    -Lipton cheddar broccoli rice cooked
    -Add one can of chicken drained
    -Spread con queso on to a burrito shell and spoon on rice and chicken mixture.
    -Fold over into a half moon shape and serve with salad and nacho chips

These took less then 15 min to prepare. They weren't too hot so it was great on a hot day and I didn't have to convince my 2 year old to eat it....lol.

What are your easy quick meals?

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    The second one sounds great!!

M favorite easy recipe of all time is:

Cheesy Corn Macoroni Casserole

1 1/2 cups macoroni
    8 oz. Velveeta cheese
    1 can cream corn
    1 can corn (drained)
    1 stick butter

Cook macoroni, and drain. Chunk velveeta cheese and butter, and mix everything together. Cook in microwave in 2 minute interavels (stirring between each) until cheese is melted.

This is great, and the cream corn makes the BEST Mac and Cheese!

3. Cherokee Rose

Cherokee Rose Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2009
    Tucker Hill
    Here's one my crew enjoys...take 2 large cans of chicken, drained, put them in a microwaveable bowl, then just add 2 or 3 large packs of those pasta side dishes, like Knoor's (I use Publix brand), any flavor you wish. Just add the water, etc. like it says on the package. Just double the microwave time (or triple if you use 3 packs). Sometimes you have to play with the time a little at the end.
    Perfect for hot days, lazy days, in a hurry days......and pretty cheap too! Costs me about 9 bucks per meal. Feed 4 at Mickey D's for that! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by