2 eggs a day?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by milogirly, Apr 24, 2019.

1. milogirly

milogirly Chirping

I have a one year old EE who has laid 2 eggs a day 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks. I know for sure this is happening because there are never any eggs left in my coop at night. When I go to collect them the next day, there have been 2 green ones (she is my only EE). She started laying last August and took a hiatus from Oct to the end of March. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this and whether or not I should be worried. She is super healthy and is probably the most active of all my hens.

2. Trux

Trux Songster

Mar 26, 2018
    SoSoCal
    :caf

3. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Crowing

Nov 10, 2010
    NE Wisconsin
    I would guess that she could lay 2 eggs in one day, but would probably did not lay one the day before or will not lay one the next day. How many eggs a week are you getting from her?

4. BjaJra826

BjaJra826 In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2019
    Iowa
    If I understand things right, it takes 20 hrs to make the shell, so technically you could get 2 eggs in 24 hrs if one was laid in the beginning of the 24 hrs then one 20 hrs later.

5. milogirly

milogirly Chirping

So far this week, I have gotten 5 from her.

6. Trux

Trux Songster

Mar 26, 2018
    SoSoCal
    CHELLYB0E likes this.
  7. CHELLYB0E

CHELLYB0E Chirping

Dec 1, 2018
    Windsor, California
    My Rhode Island Red Hei Hei does the same thing, she is over a year old closer to being two. She lays every day ever since she started laying. Some days I get two eggs as well

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: