2 eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TexasChris, May 13, 2011.

1. TexasChris

TexasChris Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    WooooooHooooo! I finallygot 2 eggs today from my browns that hatched on April 6th, Im so excited youd think they just dropped 2 golden nuggets![​IMG]

2. Ga.chickenman

Ga.chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    April 6, 31 days ago or April 6, last year??
    Please eggsplain [​IMG]

3. TexasChris

May 2, 2011
    as in 37 days ago.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    so 5 weeks old...I have had some that started to lay at that age and I immediately moved them to a darker area to make it stop. They need to get big before the laying starts in my eyes.

5. TexasChris

May 2, 2011
    Quail Lady its funny that you said that I was kinda thinking the same thing but at the present time i have no way of doing much about it unless I cover them with a tarp and it 85 degrees with 85 % humidity here right now and I feel the negatives with no air flow would be way worse right now. But for all my futer birds i do have a plan for a new cage that is starting construction tomorrow where there will be shorter days and i think i will keep all birds over there until 8 weeks. As I said im new to this but I think the early laying of eggs at least means im doing something right Im never going to have a great number of quail I just want them to be healthy and be as big as possible. I can see (I think) it is going to be possible to raise quail that are 16 oz or bigger by getting the right bloodlines, the right diet, and selective breeding. But I have been wrong before! Thats why im actively pursuing eggs that are from people that seem to know what know what they are doing and also seem to be truthful (as you have) and dont seem to mind giving a beginner some helpful advice.
    Thanks
    Chris

6. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    good luck, I know what you mean TexasChris and Welcome!

I'm gonna work on my 3/4 pounder before ordering up the whopper [​IMG]

just me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by