2 eggs

lilstarshine7

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 30, 2011
Anacoco, La
I have 3 bantam cochins, i found 2 eggs this morning in nesting box but no one sitting on them. I wanted the momma to hatch, i am not sure who layed them or when, do I leave them or take them out? I have no way of incubating them myself right now. Any suggestions thank you

That's right, they will not start sitting on the eggs until they have finished laying the whole clutch. That's so the chicks all develop and hatch out at the same time. ;) If you want them to incubate the eggs, you'll want to leave the eggs where they are. Whoever is laying there should come back and lay more until they are finished with the clutch.

I am new to this an learning, what happens if i removed the 2, i was told that since the momma wasnt sitting i should go ahead an remove them, since than she has layed another an it is my japanese bantam who is laying. Will she still sit after shes done , dang i feel bad should have waited for a response here, i have learned so much from this group.

I wouldn't feel bad having chickens, eggs and incubating are all learning curves even the most experienced people still learn things all the time. I would sneak the eggs back and let her continue building her clutch. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom