2 for 1 deal in west central Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cruiser, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    Alright I have 6 Jersey Giants 1 Roo & 5 pullets. They are 14 weeks old. I would like to trade 2 pullets for 1 Barred Rock, or a Cochin (barred preferably) young hen or pullet. But not black. I have to many black chickens the way it is. That's how this deal came up.

2. Cruiser

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    OK, either no one is interested or doesn't have the breeds I mentioned. So if you are interested what do you have? I would like to get rid of 2 of these. There is nothing wrong with them I just want some thing different.

3. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I would love two of your Jersey pullets, but I am too far. Come visit Detroit- bring chickens! [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

cruiser......I have BR...but they are only about 2 weeks old! [​IMG] I would love to have a few JG pullets. With the price of gas....I dont think it would be feasable to drive that far...and with berries and canning to do here, I really dont have the time to get away. If you want to make the drive here....and look over the babies I have....they are just about old enoug to tell the sex. I think! LOL
    PM me if interested.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  5. Cruiser

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    Your right about the gas. I just travailed 182 miles round trip Sunday to pick up some turkeys & my wife says I'm done for the year. I think I can slip a trade by her but not if I had to drive very far. Thanks though.

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Well dang...If I knew you was wanting turkeys....I have 12 little ones now. [​IMG] They are mixed breeds....Bronze hen, grey slate hen...with a Royal Palm Tom. so far I have 2 black spanish, ( thrown from the grey) They are just about a week old. Is Jennings county too far?? Even if ya wanted to add a few turkeys too!??? [​IMG]
    ETA: Estimated Time: 2.0 hours 33 minutes Estimated Distance: 155.94 miles

YIKES!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. Cruiser

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    That might be a little far. If I am patient I will find something close. Thank you.

8. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I live in Indianapolis. I have Blue Andulasian or EE I would be willing to trade. They are both 15 weeks old. Also, I have an order for day old chicks coming in late August. Then I will have some other layer type pullets. I don't remember exactly what types I have coming; some leghorns I know, but I can find out exactly if you would rather wait on day old ones.

Sarah

9. Cruiser

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    Sarah, I will be in Plainfield Aug. 23. Maybe we could possibly meet then. I'm interested in the EE. But would like to know what you have coming. Are the day old chicks sexed as I would hate to get a roo. Thanks

10. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I requested an e-mail that details what in coming in August, but I haven't gotten it yet. In the meantime I ?think? I am getting 3 each of the Anconas, Black Star, Single Comb Brown Leghorn, and Pearl-White Leghorn. Hopefully I will get the e-mail by tomorrow, if not I'll call the hatchery and just have them read it to me over the phone.

Yes, they are sexed; all pullets.

Sarah

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by