1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

2 free roosters in OR

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by ArchersMom, Apr 6, 2018.

1. ArchersMom

ArchersMom Chirping

Dec 2, 2015
    Located in St. Helens, about an hour north of Portland. Both are gold laced Wyandotte mixes. Approximately 5 months old now. Friendly with me and my toddler, respectful of the girls so far. Can meet at the chicken swap tomorrow!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi there! Can't help with the roosters since I'm inside city limits, but sae you are in st helens area and wanted to say hello.
    I had really good luck using oregon chicken lovers, northwest livestock and oregon backyard chickens on facebook to place three cockerels this year.
    Be mindful of doing transactions at the swap if youare referringto the one in Corvallis..... they are very strict about unsanctioned selling/swapping on the grounds period.

3. ArchersMom

ArchersMom Chirping

Dec 2, 2015
    They are friendly, but not cuddly. They've been free rangers basically their entire lives.

Attached Files:

4. ArchersMom

ArchersMom Chirping

Dec 2, 2015
    I saw you on the Oregon thread. I think I may have purchased a 1 year old red sex link hen and 3 pullets from you a few weeks ago. I'll try those groups, thanks! I'll avoid bringing them to the swap unless I register as a $1 vendor. I'm really doubting anyone really wants my poor little mutt cockerels anyway :/

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Oh, it's you! :frow

Small world. Hope the new kids are working out for you.

6. ArchersMom

ArchersMom Chirping

Dec 2, 2015
    They're all doing great. I love Red, as I call her. Friendliest chicken I've ever met and a great layer so far. The pullets are still warming up to me.

7. KDMdesigns

KDMdesigns Songster

May 4, 2016
    Dallas TX
    ArchersMom likes this.
  8. RoostersAreAwesome

RoostersAreAwesome Free Ranging

May 21, 2017
    ArchersMom likes this.
  9. SueT

SueT Free Ranging

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    @ArchersMom ....I'm interested in that poultry swap you mentioned...where is it and is it a regular event? Is it well attended? We plan on moving to OR, hopefully this year as our kids/grandkids live in Portland. We want to be in a rural area within a couple hours of Portland. And we probably cannot move our current chickens 2000 mi, so I would like to get more after we move.

10. ArchersMom

ArchersMom Chirping

Dec 2, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: