1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 hens and a roo(polish)?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by taraann81, Nov 10, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I hatched 3 polish, 2 of them look like this with this big bushy top and I can't even see their eyes.

[​IMG]

One looks like this....You can see its eyes and it has a much thinner wilder not as full hairdo.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping this means I have 2 hens and a roo?

This is just a cross of some sort(came out of a silkie egg was suppose to be a silkie) I just thought it was sort of pretty and that I'd post the pic just for fun.
    [​IMG]

2. CreleChick

CreleChick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Your top Polish is nice and looks like a hen. The second one I'm not sure. Looks like the feathers may be getting seperated like the roosters start getting, but again, I'm not sure. Silkie, no clue.

3. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks. The other one I have (not pictured) looks exactly like the top one. Then the one on the bottom looks so much different than the other 2 I was hoping that meant it was a roo!

The silkie cross, I just posted the pic for fun, I didn't expect anybody to be able to sex it, especially from the pic.

I'm so excited to finally have polish

4. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    Your silkie cross looks like my Silkie/D'ucle cross. I have two, Salt and Pepper. By the way, my polish Roo had wattles and red comb by 6 weeks old. One of the WCB Polish hens has a lot of fluff and the other only had on one side. I wonder if the others had pulled out part of her crest, but I saw no sign of injury. This may be what is happening to yours.

[​IMG]

Salt to the left of the Cochin and Pepper to the right. Pepper has more black on her head. Both of mine are hens.

[​IMG]

White Splash Polish Roo in the WAY back, but its the only picture I have on my computer at work. This was taken at 5 weeks just when he started to get a little pink in the comb area and the wattles showed up. See how his crest is not puffy on the sides. May be you have a roo too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  5. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Wow! She does look very similar to yours! I don't have many mutts around here. But I must say they are always a fun surprise. The 3 I do have were all mistakes. Silkie eggs that came out mutts(I was given the eggs so the mutts in the bunch didn't bother me). And now I have found I'm not a huge fan of the silkies. I'm giving them to a friend but keeping the mutts!

6. mikenandrea

mikenandrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Douglas, GA
    How old are your polish?

7. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    They are about 7 weeks.

8. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Looks like a hen and a roo to me. The silkie is cute too.

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    2 hens 1 roo.

10. natkev

natkev Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2009
    Central Coast
    i think there 2 hend and a rooster

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by