2 Hens killed last night . dont know from what ........pics watch out

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by gottalovemychickens, Nov 19, 2009.

1. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Hope it wasn't the cigarettes![​IMG]
    I'm posting to let you know that yes, the picture showed up for me, I'm sorry for your loss, I don't have an educated guess on what really happened.

2. juliawitt

juliawitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    I am just GUESSING....I don't see any real injuries, just some feathers missing...HMMM, do you have stray dogs. Dogs will chase things that run and then loose interest once they are dead. Just a guess. Need to know more of your set up....i.e. Coop kill, run kill, is your coop a "Fort Knox" or free ranging. Can't say much without more info.

3. Bizzybirdy

Bizzybirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    North of Nashville
    I can't see your photo...they want me to sign onto Facebook. Pffffffffffffttttt. [​IMG]

4. magentamomma

magentamomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    I would guess dog. So sorry for you.

5. chickenjim64

chickenjim64 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2007
    Victor,Montana
    that looks like mine after the neighbor's dog killed a couple of my hens the dog just basically chewed them then left, what ever did it they will be back,if ya don't want to kill it get a paintball gun works great, it hurts but not fatally leave a mark too so who evers dog that is when they get home they will know he was somewhere he wasn't suppose to be..

6. Big C

Big C J & C Farms

Dec 15, 2008
    Vernon Texas
    likely dog/s,
    in any scenario since they killed once they/it will be back again for more...

7. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    what ever did it they will be back,if ya don't want to kill it get a paintball gun works great, it hurts but not fatally leave a mark too so who evers dog that is when they get home they will know he was somewhere he wasn't suppose to be..

That is an awesome idea!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by