TheReidHomestead

Never enough coops...
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
Monroe, WA
My Coop
My Coop
No shipping. Pick Up Only.

I hatched these guys out in May 2010, and they were my only Lav Orps that hatched from those eggs. I then got more chicks in August, and have extra roos from that batch, so these guys have got to go. I got these from a local breeder who got her stock from Jodi/Hinkjc here on BYC.

They are big boys and get along, so they are good to go together. Understanding that this is a NEW color variety in Orpington's, it is still a project, and the type still needs work. To work the project, you would want to breed these two with excellent type Black Orpington hens to get split offspring (meaning chicks will be black but will carry the lavender gene). Breed the offspring together or back to these lav roos and repeat the process over and over. There is a lot of good information here on BYC on how to work the project.

Or, just get them for eye candy to add to your back yard flock! They are lovely to look at. Protective of the ladies, but gentle with the humans.

22465_11-04_022.jpg

22465_11-04_027.jpg

22465_11-04_025.jpg

$10 each, or take them both and I'll make you a deal! We live in Monroe, and I am happy to meet you part way to deliver them. I really really need them gone this weekend.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom