2 Lavender Silkie Chicks & 2 Black/lav split silkie chicks- NY/CT/ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Nov 9, 2010.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    For auction I have 2 lavender juveniles and 2 black split lav juveniles. they are unsexed but I believe it an even split of both male and female but I have been wrong before. I also can not confirm that the black are or are not carrying the lav gene only that they hatched from a black hen and full lav roo, or lav hen and black lav split (confirmed lav split) the lavs could be from a few groups as I did not mark them this hatch. pics of some parents and of the actual birds and their feet seen below. As these are a project for me and the lavs are culls one because one has too much pink in toes and skin color (I am taking a guess that it is a pullet but could be wrong) and the other is just because I have too many cockerels to work with (at least this one I think is a cockerel) as for splits I picked out a very nice one and a smaller one I think will be equally as nice I believe the bigger one is a pullet and the smaller one a cockerel but again I am just guessing. They both have wonderful dark black skin to help balance out the lavs in the group. I will not be selling any other lavs except single cockerels as they are culled from the breeding program for now so please do not ask for others [​IMG]

If you are interested in a cockerel please e-mail me and I will put you on a list and as I make my cuts from my pens I will contact you. [​IMG]

I have been working hard to try to get a nice rich lavender color on my birds. Because it is so hard to capture true color in photos I searched though all the paint samples I could find and came up with a color from Benjamin Moore. My breeder birds are either Hampshire Rocks #1450 or Violet Pearl #1451 (this is the color I am most happy with) both having overtones of After the rain #1452 and Pebble Creek #1453 in them. These are all on one card sample so you can get an idea of what to expect.

They will ship out the Wed after Auction weather permitting on both sides. If they are traveling express for 2 days then they will get a travel waterer as well as shredded apples to eat, if only traveling for 24 hours they will just get the shredded apples.

below are actual pics of the chicks

Lav # 56

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lav # 63
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Lav Splits #62 & #65

[​IMG]