2 light brahma pullets in Ma

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poultrykeeper08, May 28, 2008.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i have 2 light brahma pullets for sale . Asking $10 each

2. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    hi where in mass are you im in greenfield, how old are they and when do they start laying? I have RIR

3. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i am in Agawam , Ma . Near springfield . I got them a few days before easter . I am not sure when they will start to lay

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    wow..you guys are right next door to me!..i'm in Ware..(sorry..had nothing to do with this post.)..Wendy..p.s..poultry keeper..i went to the place in westfield..she didnt have any ameraucanas..but took my # down..if she gets some..Have you ever been to that place?..Wendy

5. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    She had none .:eek: WOw thats a shocker . She usually always has them . Figures the one time i tell some one to go get some sh ehas none . Did you take a look around there ? What did you think . I used to live in ware !

6. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    hi!..lol..yeah..just my luck!...the place was huge!...she had a tractor trailer of chickens..lol..PLUS..a zillion more!!..it was an experience..that i have to say..she was pretty cool though..i almost bought a guinea hen...but changed my mind..she called her friend for me..and said shed get back to me..if the friend had any..she did have a few eggs..from one that she said i could try to hatch..but..i have no incubator and i really cant have a rooster..i need a hen...you lived in Ware?..wow!..small world!...so lol..can we have chickens in ware?....lol..i called the zone board today...they were gonna find out for me..and get back to me..but i chickend out and told her to never mind...i'm afraid they will say no..so..i'll just play stupid and act like i didnt know i couldnt have them, if they come around....so..i shouldnt tell you this..!..lol..but on craigslist, there is a free 8x24 pigeon loft, this family wants to get rid of..thier son was into raising them..but is away in school now...it has nest boxes..windows..etc...needs a good cleaning..but it sounds pretty nice...we may go look at it tommorow night..but my hubby thinks its to big for our spot where we have to put the coop(i'm pouting)..if its not something i think we can use...want me let you know?..its in southwick....Wendy

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    That sounds really cool. Please post pics when you get that pigeon thing.

8. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    yeah deffinitaly let me know . Southwick is right next to me .
    You can have chickens in ware . how much land do you have ?

But before you buy anything from her (her name is chriss) just check it out and make sure its healthy . Some times she has some sick birds . I am going to her house friday to give her the americana roo if no one takes it .

She sells to anybody and for anything . She always tells me how witches go there to buy white pigeoens and doves for sacrifising (if thast how you spell it ). She was also accused of having cock fights on her property . Did she tell you a price for the hen . She charges me 25 per bird . she started off at 8 and kept getting higher and higher .

i wouldnt buy the eggs . She doesnt keep birds seperated so chances are they would be crossbreeds (but arent EE's crossbreads anyways lol)

9. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i'm hoping to get it..but.. it may just be to big for my area for the chickens...but....i'm hoping we can make it work...since we would have to take it down and rebuild it..my husband said we can maybe make it like 16 feet instead of 24..so..i'm keeping my fingers crossed i'll be able to use it..thanks..Wendy

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yeah..some birds had missing feathers..etc...honestly..thats why i didnt buy..but...she was gonna charge me $10 for a young guinea..then the price went up as the bird got older...lol.....we have about1/3 to 1/2 acre(with woods included)..so space is limited.;o(.. ..how much land do you have to have?...Wendy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by