1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 little bullies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by acorns, Mar 5, 2014.

1. acorns

acorns Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2014
    Toogoom QLD
    Hi there,need help please...I have three 2 week old chicks,the silky bantam and the polish are picking on the wyandotte.they won't let it eat and they size it up,puffing out their chests and standing over the poor little Vegemite.I don't know their sex yet.just moved them into a bigger box,to see if that was,the problem.any feedback would be really appreciated:)

2. chicken-herder

chicken-herder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2014
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Aan poor little thing! What happens when you remove one of the bullies? Does the one left still pick on the little guy? Try and watch to see who the main culprit is and separate him/her from the other two otherwise the Wyandotte will remain the outsider. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Put them in as large a brooder as you can, the more space they have the better, and add a second feeder and waterer and see how things go. How big is the box you moved them into?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by