2 Male Rouen ducks (drakes) in Albany, NY area

ILoveQuack

Chirping
Oct 24, 2018
Albany, NY
Hello all. It is with a heavy heart that I have joined BYC. I have 2 male Rouens that I intended on keeping as pets, but I was recently told by someone who owns a share of the house that I live in that I cannot keep them. :(

I can come to you if you live an hour or so away. Right now their names are Drew and JonJon. I believe they are both male as I attempted to sex them when they were both ducklings, they are just currently in their eclipse plumage.

They are both tame and can be handled well. JonJon is more comfortable with petting/handling. Drew will also let you pet him but takes a few minutes to warm up to you first and prefers you just pet his bill where he can see your hand.

I would love for them to go to a home with other ducks and lots of water :) I am also willing to separate them if someone is in need of only one drake as I know how they can get when it comes to mating season, I would just need to know that they are both taken (by separate people) before pickup/delivery of each individual duck.

Please let me know if you’d be interested in giving these two boys (or one of them) a home. <3

It would’ve been perfect if they’re girls :) we have 3 males 1 female that we keep as pets. Sadly they’re pestering her too much and we are looking for more girls. Hope you find them a good home soon!

It would’ve been perfect if they’re girls :) we have 3 males 1 female that we keep as pets. Sadly they’re pestering her too much and we are looking for more girls. Hope you find them a good home soon!

Hi Amarie! I’ve actually been wondering more and more lately if they might actually be females. They have the typical brown female coloring at the moment, no hint of green on their head or curly tail feathers either. They are only around 10 weeks however so I’m not sure if what they look like right now is normal for Rouen males at that age. I’ve added a picture if anyone wants to try and guess, though I swear when they were ducklings I saw a little ... um, thing pop out...

Attachments

• 4B56CCCC-66C1-4CC7-8887-B74452105DB8.jpeg
    4B56CCCC-66C1-4CC7-8887-B74452105DB8.jpeg
    584 KB · Views: 10
Hi Amarie! I’ve actually been wondering more and more lately if they might actually be females. They have the typical brown female coloring at the moment, no hint of green on their head or curly tail feathers either. They are only around 10 weeks however so I’m not sure if what they look like right now is normal for Rouen males at that age. I’ve added a picture if anyone wants to try and guess, though I swear when they were ducklings I saw a little ... um, thing pop out...
2 more weeks would be safe I think ahaha! Not too sure myself, new to ducks here :) 14 weeks for the ones here. I know they started developing their “curly tail” about 2 weeks ago. I don’t think the little thing pops out for them?? Not sure on that either, we need a duck expert ;)

Back
Top Bottom