2 Mille Fleur Bantam Roosters Free to Good Home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Evewon, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Evewon

Evewon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Indianapolis, Indiana. My husband and I bought 3 mille fleur bantams through murray mcmurray and payed extra to ensure they were hens. Well, 2 of the 3 are roosters. As gorgeous as they are, we already have an extremely handsome favorelle rooster and in Indianapolis you're only allowed one rooster. They are really friendly and like each other a lot for now. They were hatched in the second week of June 2016, so they are around 6 months old and were raised with 12 hens and a turkey. If anyone would like the pair, they seem like bffs. We would be willing to split them up though if need be. Thanks in advance for any takers. We are on the Southside of Indianapolis and would like you to come pick them up rather than us transport them as I honestly don't know how lolol. One is a perfect specimin. The other is perfect too but has a lot of white on his face. I think they would make beautiful babes! We call them the Todds. I really hate to see them go but we can't illegally keep them and get in trouble with the city. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. rotorman

rotorman Just Hatched

Sep 25, 2016
    I had a beautiful rooster I rescued from the streets. He was near death. He became my best buddy until he got an eye injury. Took him to the avian vet who did not know how to properly anesthetize him., He suffocated my beautiful boy.

If you can ship the birds to Ft. Lauderdale, I can take them. Feed stores have the shipping boxes and license to do this. They are overnighted.

They would be treated like pets, not thrown into a yard and given no attention.

Roosters are AMAZING and SMART birds!

Take care!
    Steve

1 person likes this.
  3. rotorman

rotorman Just Hatched

Sep 25, 2016
    Ok, if you get desperate, this type of shipping is usually uneventful. Please don't euthanize the birds if you can't find local rehoming. I am an animal rescuer, see www.angelsindistress.com. I usually only take critters that will be dead if I don't intervene. Roosters are the most special, and surprising animals I have ever owned. Had no idea they were so affectionate and smart. I have an umbrella cockatoo parrot I rescued from a pet store that was going to auction her off after 911 for the NY Fired Department charity fund. She is so smart its scary. Instead of me training her, she has trained me!!

It was interesting to watch the interactions between the rooster and the parrot. After three years with my best bud, Henry the rooster, I still don't fully understand their relationship, although I miss my boy terribly and am spending a ton of money orchestrating a malpractice lawsuit against this creep veterinarian. These vets literally have a license to kill with very little consequences if they screw up. I am also a vegetarian and own a company www.tendskin.com that pays for my rescue work!

Take care and good luck with your boys!
    Steve

RiverStorm likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by