2 month old baby ducks leg problems

I use brewer's yeast so I'm not 100% certain but I think I read you are not supposed to use the time release/slow release niacin. I don't know why. You may want to double check.

Okay so I checked to see if its leg was warm and his whole body was warm due to him laying down with his buddies. I took him out and let him walk around to see what the leg was looking like and it was still kind of hobbling. I took him in last night and let him swim in a warm bath for about 15 mins. (It LOVED it!) This morning when it would stand it seemed like the leg was at more of a natural stances rather than it sticking it out to the side and had a slight hobble but better from yesterday. Fingers crossed!

Okay so I checked to see if its leg was warm and his whole body was warm due to him laying down with his buddies. I took him out and let him walk around to see what the leg was looking like and it was still kind of hobbling. I took him in last night and let him swim in a warm bath for about 15 mins. (It LOVED it!) This morning when it would stand it seemed like the leg was at more of a natural stances rather than it sticking it out to the side and had a slight hobble but better from yesterday. Fingers crossed!
Slight improvement is good so keep it up and lets hope it all works..
fl.gif
Swimming will help to strengthen those leg muscles.

Update.....so after about a week and a half on Nutri-Drench, Niacin supplements and warm baths the baby seems to be improving more and more each day! It still has a slight gimp when it walks or runs but is doing much better than previously. It is also not pushing its leg out as far when it stands, it is placing it more at a natural stances under its body. Will continue doing what I am doing and hope the progress continues! Wooo niacin!!
bow.gif

Update.....so after about a week and a half on Nutri-Drench, Niacin supplements and warm baths the baby seems to be improving more and more each day! It still has a slight gimp when it walks or runs but is doing much better than previously. It is also not pushing its leg out as far when it stands, it is placing it more at a natural stances under its body. Will continue doing what I am doing and hope the progress continues! Wooo niacin!!
bow.gif
Awesome!! for sure keep up what your doing!! and pics when you can.

Back
Top Bottom