2 month old silkie sebright mix? hen or roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Botsford Family, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Botsford Family

Botsford Family Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2013
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] This is Sunny, we are thinking that this might be a Roo but not 100% sure, Maybe a silkie Mix

[​IMG] This is Pebbles, we are pretty sure this is a hen. That is more of a seabright mix

[​IMG] This is Mocha, we are pretty sure that she is a hen, that is also a silkie mix

2. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Your first looks like it's got some Polish in it; maybe buff polish??? I'm not really seeing roo feathers in the photos; it looks more like pullet to me. More photos (of the side and tail) might help.

I'd say the second is a Dutch or an OEGB (I still don't recall the what the difference is between those two! [​IMG] ) Maybe a silver- something color is what she is. : D

Your third also looks like it's got some Polish in it. It looks like a Gold-laced Polish mix. And, yup, I'd say pullet. : )

Hope that helps you a bit! : )

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    is their anyway that you have a polish and that is what the first and last are mixed with. the reason i dont think they are crossed with silkies is because i dont see feathers or even little stubbles. Are they clean legged? feathered feet is a dominate trait. So far everyone look like pullet, the second is for sure.

4. Botsford Family

Botsford Family Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2013
    Connecticut
    The reason I say Silkie mix is because they both have 1 extra toe but only on one legs. They are both clean legged

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The difference between a Dutch and an Old English Game is the color of the earlobes and size of the bird. Dutch Bantams will have white earlobes, and often be a little more deep in body and larger. Old English Game are smaller, tighter featherd, and have red earlobes.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    In my opinion, all of your birds are pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by