2 Muscovy ducks in OK need new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickmommar, Aug 14, 2007.

1. chickmommar

chickmommar Chillin' With My Peeps

A white male muscovy duck needs a new home as his owner is having to move. In addition, I just picked up a young muscovy (6-8 weeks old?) from a wildlife center - although it's hard to be sure, I think this is a female. She's white with a black toupee - incredibly cute. So this may be a nice pair of white muscovies - with the female young enough to train as you want her. The male already is used to free ranging with chickens and coming in to the chicken coop for the night. I can transport anywhere within 2 hours of OK City. Feel free to email me at chickmom at gmail.com. Thanks! (Please hurry before I'm too smitten with the young one to give her up!)
    -Chick Mom in OK

2. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Quote:I just sent you an email but wanted to follow up on here as well. Where are you located? Monty

3. chickmommar

I'm in Norman/Noble area but willing to drive a couple of hours any direction. The male muscovy is in Jones right now (NE OKC) but I can get him whenever we need. I will watch for your email. Thanks.
    -Chick Mom in OK

4. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    I am only about ten miles south of Jones. Monty

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

AH Buckguy,didnt know you wanted a duck........she is trying to place the male for me.......thanks girl..... hope this works out......close too...........he is neat duck.

6. chickmommar

Wow, that would be so easy. I haven't gotten the email yet but hope we can work it all out soon. This young one is so cute. Do you already have ducks and a nighttime shelter or procedure for them? I have 23 ducks now and it's getting to be a circus around here!
    -Chick Mom in OK

7. chickmommar

Hi Okiechick. I didn't know who you were on BYC since I just 'met' you via email. I hope we can get Frankin a nice new home soon. [​IMG] And maybe this cute little friend too.
    -Chick Mom in OK

8. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    I just thought he might do well on our pond. When I had Muscovies before (years ago) all the hens flew away and I had to rehome the drake. I would take him but if you know anyone else that has ducks and wants him, he might be better off with a flock. She said the owner has to move, is that you?"
    Monty

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  9. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Quote:I chcecked the email and it said it went through Ok. I was just letting you know where I lived. I don't have ducks, just two ponds. If you guys find a place that has more ducks, it is fine with me for him to go there. But if you need a pond to let him roam on, I have one. No I don't have a duck pen, at least not near the pond. I just have many chickens. Monty

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  10. chickmommar

I guess the email is being slow today but that's okay. I'll see what okiechick wants to do and we can also see if anyone with other ducks is interested too. Thank you. It's good to know there is a possibility there. (By the way, I don't use a duck house either. Instead, I use floating docks that are anchored out in my pond. My ducks spend the nights on these and that keeps them safe from predators. I make them out of wooden pallets so it's easy and costs almost nothing. You can see the Docks for Ducks album at www.picturetrail.com/marlipe if you'd like to see instructions. It has worked amazingly well.)
    -Chick Mom in OK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by