1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 New BYC Forum Sponsors: Purely Poultry & Avian Aqua Miser

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We're happy to announce two new BYC Forum Sponsors:

http://www.purelypoultry.com - Great prices on 200+ breeds of : chickens, bantams, ducks, geese, turkeys, guineas, peafowl, pheasants, and more

http://www.waldeneffect.org/bycaquamiser - Don't your hens deserve fresh, clean water? A great invention for providing clean water to your flock.

Remember, it is these BYC Forum sponsors that keep the forum alive and zippy fast and allow us to always be adding new features and upgrades to the forum. You can see the whole list of sponsors at the link below. Please visit them and let them know you appreciate their support of this great community!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-supplies.html

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] [​IMG] YAY! NEW SPONSORS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I have another two reasons to get more chickens! [​IMG]

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am so glad the forum is gaining support has anyone had the new aqua misers.

Henry

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I was going to ask the same thing. Would a rabbit water bottle work the same way?

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Not sure I feel like it would work really well if the birds were raised using it but my hens would maybe have trouble learning about it I should email the owners.

Henry

6. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:I was going to ask the same thing. Would a rabbit water bottle work the same way?

Actually the rabbit bottles result in a lot of spillage. When the chicken pecks the bearing in the tube a lot of water is lost on the ground. I tried it once and the resulting wet coop convinced me to quit using rabbit bottles.

7. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    [​IMG] Have to look and see what I want now!

8. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I've also added these sponsors to my blog roll [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I use the rabbit bottles for chicks and adults have had no problem learning it. However, there is a stage of "dumb chicks" of like 1-12 weeks old, that just don't seem to learn. As day olds with the bottle as their only source, and adults who are wise, they figure it out fast.

However, I use rubber buckets for water.... since it's about 18F out right now....

Rabbit bottles are hard to clean and do dribble on the ground if birds pick versus tap to drink. Mine are on dirt so that's not a problem. Birds can't seem to figure out the spring loaded types either...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by