2 new ducks just showed up

Nanettr

Chirping
Jul 8, 2019
Charleston SC
1857EB84-B635-4CCC-B5E4-FB6343C85DDE.jpeg B7FABFC0-3B9F-4E27-BDFC-DFCE2D069E7B.jpeg We have 3 free range ducks with no coop - one male Peking, one female Peking and a male Khaki Campbell. About a week ago 2 male Mallards showed up and are working very hard to be accepted. They appear to be and act young. My questions are 1) should they be eating the duck feed I am currently feeding? My understanding is the ducks that fly need other types of food 2) the male female ratio is waaaaay off which is concerning. Should I try to rehome the Mallards? They don’t appeared to want to go anywhere. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
View attachment 1931135 View attachment 1931136 We have 3 free range ducks with no coop - one male Peking, one female Peking and a male Khaki Campbell. About a week ago 2 male Mallards showed up and are working very hard to be accepted. They appear to be and act young. My questions are 1) should they be eating the duck feed I am currently feeding? My understanding is the ducks that fly need other types of food 2) the male female ratio is waaaaay off which is concerning. Should I try to rehome the Mallards? They don’t appeared to want to go anywhere. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
I bet they have flown in for winter. I'd just leave them alone if they eat with your ducks just let them alone I imagine they are pretty hungry from their trip. They may stay they may head further south. Beautiful ducks!

View attachment 1931135 View attachment 1931136 We have 3 free range ducks with no coop - one male Peking, one female Peking and a male Khaki Campbell. About a week ago 2 male Mallards showed up and are working very hard to be accepted. They appear to be and act young. My questions are 1) should they be eating the duck feed I am currently feeding? My understanding is the ducks that fly need other types of food 2) the male female ratio is waaaaay off which is concerning. Should I try to rehome the Mallards? They don’t appeared to want to go anywhere. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Keep an eye on the female, that is a lot of males!

Back
Top Bottom