2 New Roosters - What Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 6DollinsFarm, Mar 3, 2013.

1. 6DollinsFarm

6DollinsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

If you need a better picture to help me figure out the breed or what they are mixed let me know. I am very curious to what these guys are.

2. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Second red guy.....maybe Rhode Island Red? Dont know for sure really. Hopefully some others with more experience will help out.

3. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Wow, the yellow one is stunning! Something about those small wattles, relatively small comb, and the way his hackle feathers are "wavy" near his head have me thinking he may have some EE somewhere in his background (and thus is EE himself). His slight build makes think that he might have some mediterranean breed in there too...

The red one looks like a production red rooster, or a hatchery RIR. Where did you get them?

4. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    They both look like backyard mutts to me.

5. 6DollinsFarm

6DollinsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2012
    Thank you for your responses. These roosters were victims of animal abuse and seized by the state. After testing and the required time period, I adopted them into our coop. So although they maybe 'mutts' they are very well mannered and a joy to have around. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by