2 of Lucky's eggs have a moving air sac. What do we do???

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DuckiesRMyThing, Feb 18, 2014.

1. DuckiesRMyThing

DuckiesRMyThing Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2014
    Ok, so we candled the eggs one day( 2 weeks from when they were laid), and found that the air sac in 2 of 3 eggs moved around when the egg was moved . We had to take the incubator with us on a 3 hour road trip. We hugged the bator tight to reduce shaking and also wrapped the eggs individually in cloth. Could it be from the road trip that loosened the membrane? Will it affect hatching/ growing?? HELP!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

I have never had this problem, so I am not sure. But it is possible the constant vibrations was enough to cause damage to the inside of the egg. I think you are going to have to wait this one out and see if anything hatches. Other than candling to watch the progress, there is really no way to tell if this will cause issues in growth or hatching.

You can also post this question in the Hatching Eggs section here on BYC in case someone else has run into this situation....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Good luck your eggs and enjoy BYC!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] that everything goes well

4. DuckiesRMyThing

Feb 18, 2014
    thanks, do you know why lucky only had 3 eggs? I'm pretty sure it's because this is her first batch.

5. Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you with us [​IMG]

I have never moved hatching egg's before so you have me stumped [​IMG]

7. DuckiesRMyThing

Feb 18, 2014
    Thanks anyways, all of you. [​IMG]

We transported Lucky as an egg and it didn't affect the air sac, but we did have to break her out of the egg because she seemed weak. she was the only one that survived out of 8 eggs. We got Webster 4 company 4 her.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  8. DucksRule

DucksRule Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2014
    Whoa, that's a coincidence, I happen to have the same problem, I hugged the same incubator in the same car with the same eggs in it at the same time as DuckiesRMyThing.

How strange.

loloolololololololololololololololololololololoolololoolololoolooolollololoololoolol[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. Good luck with your eggs! I hope they hatch okay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by