2 pairs of Silkies For Sale.... SW MN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by destiny_56085, Sep 12, 2009.

1. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    Hey Y'all,
    For fairness reasons to everyone that has written to me, I have decided to list some of my silkies for sale on Eggbid. A few too many cockerels and the pullets don't need to go, but I know everyone wants the girls. I am only going to do 2 pair at a time since I am keeping these in the house. They will be bathed and ready to go. I will be totally honest with all faults to the best of my knowledge. Plenty of pics will be posted.
    Amy [​IMG]

Here is a sneak preview of this week's:

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1252916372

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1252915230

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Very nice Amy, I saw them on eggbid this morning. If I needed a new roo, I would buy the white pair. I am holding back two males from this year and a blue or black roo.

I have been planning on e-mailing you the last day or so, maybe I will do that now.

3. purplefrog

purplefrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
    I wish I live closer. Shipping is so much these days to ship birds. Your birds are very nice!![​IMG]

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Do you happpen to have any splash cockerels for sale?

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I absolutely LOVE the pair of white silkies!!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  6. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    HI, Beautiful birds especiall the whit pair.

How much of a fault is the extra toenail on the white pullet and will she pass it to her offspring.

7. destiny_56085

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    blueoval (Matt)....
    I pulled out my good old APA standard of perfection for that question. It does not say anything about an extra toenail. An extra toe or abscence of a toe is a DQ. Lack of feathering to mid-toe is considered a serious defect. Altogether the toes account for 5 points out of 100 when showing. A lack of a toenail is a 0.5 point deduction and I couldn't find anything about a 6th toenail. I guess if it came down to 2 birds equal in every other aspect the judge could use that as a deciding factor. I would have no problem putting her back in my own breeding program if she isn't sold.

purplefrog.....
    Sorry there is nothing I can do about the shipping. The USPS dictates that price and Horizon sets the prices on the boxes. If I count the gas to the post office, bedding, fresh fruit, and my time then I'm losing money in this respect since I only charge for the express mail and box.

silkieluver_07....
    I do have 3 splash cockerels that are just about 5 months old. Very nice and I was planning on showing them this October. Can't fault them on anything so far and the top 2 are going back in my breeding pens to replace my old guys. Can't decide which 2 yet.... 1 is really dark splash, 1 is medium, and the last is just about lavendar with a few specks of color. I might stick the old boys up for sale when they are done molting or wait til next spring. One of those is from Bobbi Porto and the other is from Jenny Linton.

Smoky73(Cara)....
    I still have 9 more of those white cockerels out in the growout pens that are equal or better than the 1 in the auction. A few of them are just a couple months behind these. I only plan on keeping 2-3 of them.

tiki244 (Kris)
    Thank you again! Just wait til I get pics of some of the ones I've decided to keep for myself.

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I'd be interested in a splash cockerel if you'd be willing to sell me one. Will you only do these as an auction on eggbid?? I don't have an eggbid account.

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Amy wow! These are wonderful birds. I hope you post Your "keepers" on here for us all to see [​IMG] Now I'm anxious for mine to grow up! They are all SO sweet!

10. destiny_56085

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    Thanks Carrie! I hope you post some pics of the ones you and Kris are raising too.

I left a PM for you Silkieluver on the splash cockerels.
    Amy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by