~*2 Pekin Ducks for free adoption*~

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sirsid_22, Jul 8, 2011.

1. sirsid_22

sirsid_22 New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    Hello there BYC members! [​IMG] I am the new kid on the block..hoping one of you guys can help me out.
    I have two juvenile Pekin ducks that were given to us as they were in need of a home. My wife works at a petstore so it is not uncommon for her to come home with some odd pets that were dropped off by unwanting owners, or sometimes just left in the parking lot. Anyways, we have been caring for the ducks feeding them chicken feed. They have a small kiddie pool in the backyard that we let them swim in and sometimes throw feeder fish in there which they really love! It's fun to watch them eat them! Unfortunately, with all the other pets we have (15 tarantulas, leopard gecko, 2 ball pythons, 2 bearded dragons, 3 cockateils, cichlid fish tank, 2 miniature australian Shepperds) we really don't have much time or energy to keep up with these cool guys.
    We are hoping there is somebody on this site that would love to take these ducks and love them as we do and even more! We live in the Las Vegas Nevada area and would be willing to travel short distance to assist in the rehoming. [​IMG]

2. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:Well I am definately too far away to help but [​IMG]

and kudos to you and your wife for taking in animals in need!

3. mythkat

mythkat Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you know anyone who is driving north to Carson City?

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Ill be in Las Vegas in a few weeks

5. sirsid_22

sirsid_22 New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    Quote:As a matter a fact I will most likely be making a trip to Reno...

6. sirsid_22

sirsid_22 New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    Quote:from Pennsylvania..?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by