1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

2 Pet Muscovy Drakes - WV

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by binji, Apr 1, 2018.

1. binji

binji Chirping

Jul 2, 2016
    i hate to do it, and i wouldnt if i didnt have to because these 2 ducks mean the entire world to me, but my 2 drakes are in need of a forever home. theyre perfectly fine together, but i expect they'd do well in a flock. both are sweet and will follow you around and greet you and both will let you pet them.

the only reason im rehoming is because our neighbors have a great dane puppy they let run loose, and im not going to ask him to tie him up. he likes to come into the yard and "play" and steal food and my ducks are in danger of being crushed by him. i cant put them in a run because they both freak out in fenced in areas and are very good fence climbers.

im looking for a home that will love them as much as i do and treat them just as they would any other pet. i refuse to let them go to a meat flock or to a flock where they may be culled for any reason other than necessary euthanasia.
    if interested, we should be able to meet in Charleston, WV. im not sure i can drive any further than that. theyre rather large and youll need to bring your own carrier for them.

WVduckchick likes this.
  2. Soon2BChixMom

Soon2BChixMom Herding ducks and Wrangling chickens

Jan 8, 2017
    WVduckchick likes this.
  3. binji

binji Chirping

Jul 2, 2016
    spent all morning trying to chase this dog away but he thinks everything is a game so - bump

4. binji

binji Chirping

Jul 2, 2016
    bump

5. binji

binji Chirping

Jul 2, 2016
    i very desparately need new homes for them. the dog came into the yard while i was inside and got one of them by the neck and left a wound. i dont know the extent of it because hes hiding now, but what i saw didnt seem too bad and hes preening and walking still.

6. funkychickenmom

funkychickenmom Chirping

May 19, 2017
    where are you located?

7. binji

binji Chirping

Jul 2, 2016
    near elkview/about an hour from charleston

8. thumper650

thumper650 Songster

Mar 10, 2018
    Maynard, MA