2 power outages and >>>> Updated with pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by [email protected], Jun 22, 2009.

1. R@ndy

[email protected] Songster

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown
    I still have chicks hatching!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I started out with 12 eggs and Friday ""day18"" I candled and had 5 that were clear looking, 2 that I wasn't sure about and 5 that looked good but I wasn't sure of the outcome due to 2 power outages, 1st week had a 3 hour outage and the incubator dropped to 82 then at day 16 I had another outage and it dropped to 80 [​IMG]

Today is day 21 and when I woke up this morning I had 3 eggs that pipped and one was zipping and I got to see the little one come plopping out [​IMG]

Then I had to leave for work [​IMG]

Now I can't wait to go home and see whats waiting in the incubator [​IMG]

Totally impressed that I have any hatching at all after what them poor eggs have been threw [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Congrats! You have some tough lil' chickies. Glad they hatched for you!

3. roche477

roche477 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Malvern, Arkansas
    I had an 11 hour power outage, bator temp was down to 68-72 degrees for the majority of that time. It was incubation day 8-9. All of my eggs survived and hatched. You should still have a real good outcome with yours.

Good luck.

4. R@ndy

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown
    So far so good [​IMG] I came home to 2 chicks in the incubator and 2 more are trying to get out now [​IMG]

The other 3 eggs no pips yet but still have my fingers crossed, Today is day 21 so we still have time [​IMG]

5. R@ndy

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown

Well I had to help little #4, I could tell by looking at the hole she made and seen by watching she was stuck and couldn’t move to finish Zipping. All went well but I had to take warm water and gently remove some of the membrane off of her back, what a mess but she cleaned up good.

I have all 4 in the brooder now and checking on them every 15 minutes or so. I hadn’t planned on opening the incubator but figured she wouldn’t make it until the morning. Like I said so far so good. If #4 makes it until morning she should be fine.

Now its back to waiting on the last 3 eggs

Here are some pics of my new chicks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: