2 pullets, 3 eggs...daily *pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by laughingllama75, Feb 27, 2009.

1. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Ok, so I have 2 sexlink hens (not sure what kind, they came from UNH as a production sexlink). I hatched them and now they are starting to lay....for 3 weeks they have been laying. Well, for 2 of those weeks, I have been getting 3 eggs, every day. twice, in that time, on egg has been a double yolker. What the ??? Is my chicken going to use up all her eggs at once? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

ROFL, breed them! I would love to have one that lays two a day! Awesome!

As for your serious question, with all kidding aside, I'd say that she's probably just working out kinks in her little egg system, give her time, she'll probably straighten out to a more average laying rate. What's she eating? Keep an eye on her and she should be ok.

3. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    She is on egg layer (agway 16% protien) as are all my hens, free range with calcium available and fresh veg daily.

4. ChicksR4Me

ChicksR4Me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    North East Indiana
    It must be possible because just yesterday I was surprized to get 23 eggs and I have 21 pullets. They are about 7 months old. 15 of them are Isa Browns which if i'm not mistaken they are sex links (i don't even know what that means) and are suposed to be heavy layers and they have been doing great. Then there are 3 RIR, and 3 calif leghorns. We've been getting from 18 -21 eggs per day for about 2 months now but 23 eggs caught me off guard.

condratulations on your good laying birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by