2 question in one post.....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by spish, May 18, 2010.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    ok question one.
    ive noticed one of my girls seems to have developed a beak problem, its started to cross over (top over bottom) so is no longer straight and in line. is this going to cause her problems with eating?

question 2
    ive just noticed my EE rooster is covered in blood, head, face neck are red stained, wattles and comb bleeding. couldnt figure out what he'd done but he seems fine otherwise. gone round the back to the pig pen where my 2 new buff cochins are. cockeral there also has blood covered face/neck/wattles etc. theres a 10ft fence round the pig pen, no chance other cockeral got in or this one out...would they really fight throughthe slats in a fence???? does this mean my new cockeral has to go? [​IMG] i put the fence up so i could have another cockeral and thought they couldnt get at each other. obviously not

2. Marie1234

Marie1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Yes crossbeak can cause problems eating. Some birds can adapt, but you will have to watch and decide what to do based on development and weight gain. How old is the bird?

Yes, they will fight through the fence. After a while things might settle down but anytime you introduce another male they have a process they have to go through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by