2 questions Chicken Nipples, and Laying Pellets...

lswatson111304

Songster
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
Milano, TX
OK, they aren't related!
First, I just received my chicken nipples in the mail from china. I ordered 10, they sent 11. Yay! So now I need to know if anyone can point me to a good tutorial for creating a waterer for them? Is a bucket better? soda bottle? I have the tape to wrap around the threads, do I need any other tools or whatever to put this into the bottom of something? Other than drilling a hole of course?

Then to the Laying Pellets. I bought a 50lb bag and of course they don't like it. They don't touch it. I tossed some into the food processor and chopped it up some and they ate it today. Was it just too big for them? The ones that are laying are bantams, the others are still on start and grow. I need to get them to eat this, so I'm hoping my food processor can survive a 50lb bag of pellets! Any tips to make that easier? LOL

Last edited:
As for the waterer. i used a gatorade bottle for one and a bucket for a second. For the bottle, I had to drill a hole at the top (bottom of bottle but top when inverted) to relieve the negative pressure from the water leaving but no air coming back into the bottle. I didn't use tape or sealant around the nipple. I just drilled the hole and screwed it in. I don't have leaks.

Back
Top Bottom