1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 questions

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by silverlaced44, Feb 11, 2016.

1. silverlaced44

silverlaced44 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    Hi!
    I have two quick questions: Are there any hatcheries that have sexed bantams? Also, is there a good breed of roo, I mean, a kind that isn't regressive?

Thanks

2. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Well depends on how far u are wanting ur chicks shipped from as Murray mcmurray sells them cackle and I like the Easter egger rooster mine is the sweetest things and takes very good care of his lady's

3. silverlaced44

silverlaced44 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    Okay! I I'm also looking for bantam hens, I need to find a place that doesn't just have straight run.

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    My Pet Chicken sells sexed bantams, they are a bit pricey. I have had good luck with my bantam cochins and D'uccle roosters not being aggressive.

5. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    X2 on My Pet Chicken, and I have never had an aggressive Old English Game Bantam Rooster. I call them the cats of the chicken world because they are curious, will even follow us into the house, can be picked up and handled and are a lot of fun. They have something to say about everything. They have a big personality in a small body.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by