2 RIR roos for sale NE Pa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ams3651, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    They are about 13 weeks old, one seems less mature than his brothers. So far they arent mean and at least one has begun to crow I think. Ive raised them from about 1 day old and they have been on medicated feed and have had no issues. I have 3 and am keeping my favorite. They are just starting to be bossed around by him and I want to nip it before it becomes an issue. I have photos but cant find my card reader, I will try to find it. My zip is 17820 and I would like $5 each. I cant ship but I can travel a little to meet. It would be nice if they were an addition to your flock and not your table which is why Im offering them here first.

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Hi ams3651, my zip is 17815 as you know. I wanted to let you know I put my RIR roos in here for $5.00 but no one wants roos. LOL Only hens. I had to put them in the paper for free. I did get a lot of calls and ask everyone why they wanted them. I gave them to a couple from Benton who said they wouldn't eat them, they wanted them for the crowing in the morning. Good luck, I'm putting my RIR's in the fair next month. That is if I get the paper work done in time. [​IMG]

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my sons friend has offered to eat one, that kid eats every wild animal i can think of. I thought I would see on here first, I have a couple neighbors I may ask too. Im hoping to enter my Don next year but Im worried about him being confined all week. Let me know how it goes. Hes growing to be a beautiful guy and takes good care of the girls. His crow is just a little squeeky yet but he practices all day. [​IMG]

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'll get you know how it goes. Take care. If you come to the fair. You should stop at the horse barn, the metal one and ask for me. My DH has race horse's there and I'll be there everyday I don't have to work. LOL I love the fair. [​IMG]

I don't think I could ever eat one of my birds, only if things get real tuff. Then I would go to deer first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by