2 room coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by delfargo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. delfargo

delfargo Chillin' With My Peeps

my coop was made remodeling a room in my barn. i finished building it before i realized i had to order 25 chicks (i had originally planned to get 12 to 15). so... i just remodled the room next door to accomodate the extra chickens. will i have a problem with a 2-room coop? my plan is to have the roosts and a feeder and waterer in one room (the bunk-house) and the nest boxes and another feeder & waterer in the other room. the chickens will be able to freely go between rooms (i removed the door) and both rooms have doors to the outdoor run area. both rooms are approx.9x15 so total space is 9x30 for 25 birds with a 35x30 outdoor run. sound like it'll work?

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Quote:No problem at all, this is actually fairly close to some common designs in use a century or so ago [​IMG]

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

3. delfargo

delfargo Chillin' With My Peeps

thanx for the "thumbs up" pat. and thanx for the links at the bottom of your reply. the "cold coop" page was very informative.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by