1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

2 roosters abandoned in Greeley, CO

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by tamaraly81, Mar 26, 2018.

1. tamaraly81

tamaraly81 Chirping

May 12, 2014
    United States
    Hey everyone! I hope this works! My cousin sent me a text with a picture of 2 beautiful Roosters that showed up at her work today in Greeley, CO. She's trying to find them a home since animal control never showed up to rescue them. Is there anyone here that lives in or near Greeley, CO that can help her? IMG_20180326_140313_827.jpg

2. KDMdesigns

KDMdesigns Songster

May 4, 2016
    Dallas TX
    Gosh dumping animals isn't cool especially unwanted Roosters, geez good luck on the rehoming of them!!

3. tamaraly81

tamaraly81 Chirping

May 12, 2014
    United States
    Right? So heartbreaking. I'm in WI and know of people that take in unwanted roosters but I'm not much help here unfortunately so I figured posting here would be our best bet. She's going to bring them home tonight if she can't find someone to take them but she only has a fenced in backyard..it will provide them some safety for the night if nothing else.

4. HenniesInMyHeart

HenniesInMyHeart Songster

Mar 12, 2018
    Colorado
    Heartbreaking! :'( I can't help but there is a rescue called Danzig's Roost in CO but not sure exactly where in the state...maybe they could help? They are a roo rescue. <3

tamaraly81 likes this.
  5. ChickenRelatedUserName

ChickenRelatedUserName Songster

Mar 28, 2018
    Colorado (5b)
    I recently got chicks from an outfit in Brighton. I'm under the impression that they rescue as well. I'll have to get the name tomorrow.

HenniesInMyHeart likes this.
  6. tamaraly81

tamaraly81 Chirping

May 12, 2014
    United States
    Thanks! She got them to someone that evening. I called tractor supply and they knew just the person so they gave me her number. My cousin brought them out there that night.
    :)

HenniesInMyHeart and chickenE like this.
  7. ChickenRelatedUserName

ChickenRelatedUserName Songster

Mar 28, 2018
    Colorado (5b)
    Okay great.

HenniesInMyHeart likes this.
  8. HenniesInMyHeart

HenniesInMyHeart Songster

Mar 12, 2018
    Colorado
    WOOT! Happy endings for roos make me so joyful! :wee:love:yesss:

tamaraly81 likes this.