2 roosters in the mix? Looking for 2nd opinions...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Ross Ranch, May 30, 2010.

1. Ross Ranch

Ross Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2009
    Haslett, MI
    Ross Ranch dilemma... We bought 4 chicks in April. We have determined 1/4 is definitely a rooster. We are unsure about the rest. Please help!

Pretty sure (Button) she is a hen... what breed? We thought she would be a Light Brahma? Perhaps she was mistaken? She was in a bin with Araucanas.
    [​IMG]

We are unsure about Abby?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are certain Apple is a rooster...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Both roos

3. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Button and Apple are both Easter Eggers - they come in many colors, but all have muffs, beard, and greenish (willow) legs.

I have no idea what kind of bird abby might be - but she sure is neat looking with that poof on top!

4. ChickGirl6

ChickGirl6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    EchoingAcres, MN
    There EEs, button is a girl, apple is a boy and abby looks to be a boy but could still be a girl. How old are they? your button looks like my moonlight[​IMG]and your apple looks like my cocoa[​IMG]

5. Ross Ranch

Ross Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2009
    Haslett, MI
    8 wks [​IMG] Thank you all for your opinions! We are new to the rooster scene. We unfortunately will be moving out of our home in the country to live in a neighborhood in a couple of months and will have to rehome our handsome roos. We also have a Serama, Silky mix that we are also trying to place. He is really beautiful. Maybe we will have some luck placing all of them at the Chicken Stock?

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    They all look to be Easter Eggers. Button is a nice white pullet (light Brahma would have feathered legs and black in the neck, wings, and tail). Abby is a roo as is Apple. Good luck with the move.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by