2 Roosters?

Austinbh19

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2020
I have 1 coop 12x12 with “The best nestbox”.
Up u til 2 weeks ago I had 2 roosters that got along fine. My farm flooded in the tropical storm and I lost 1 of them.
I now have 7 hens and 1 rooster.
Today I added a Game Mix rooster. The current rooster (silky mix) chased him until he flew away ☹️ Smh.
Tomorrow I have 3 adult Light Brahma I’m introducing.
SHOULD I HAVE A SEPARATE COOP?
HOW CAN I KEEP THEM IN THE SAME AREA (1acre) WITHOUT FIGHTING?

Any info would be helpful I thank you all in advance!

You're adding 3 brahma roos? if they are hens, there will be some pecking order spats, do the see but not touch method for at least 10 days.
If they're roos, you need another 50 hens and maybe they won't fight. (They probably will, roosters don't share well)

I have 1 coop 12x12 with “The best nestbox”.
Up u til 2 weeks ago I had 2 roosters that got along fine. My farm flooded in the tropical storm and I lost 1 of them.
I now have 7 hens and 1 rooster.
Today I added a Game Mix rooster. The current rooster (silky mix) chased him until he flew away ☹ Smh.
Tomorrow I have 3 adult Light Brahma I’m introducing.
SHOULD I HAVE A SEPARATE COOP?
HOW CAN I KEEP THEM IN THE SAME AREA (1acre) WITHOUT FIGHTING?

Any info would be helpful I thank you all in advance!
You really can’t stop roosters from fighting. You can keep them in separate pins for ever. I have a rooster that stays with my ducks but if he ends up in our chicken pin one of them will attack him and will not stop!

You're adding 3 brahma roos? if they are hens, there will be some pecking order spats, do the see but not touch method for at least 10 days.
If they're roos, you need another 50 hens and maybe they won't fight. (They probably will, roosters don't share well)

I’m adding 3 hens and 1 male

You really can’t stop roosters from fighting. You can keep them in separate pins for ever. I have a rooster that stays with my ducks but if he ends up in our chicken pin one of them will attack him and will not stop!

Dang it lol
I’m not sure why the other males got along

Will they do ok in the same coop?
Probably but you will have to separate the first and introduce them. After that you can let them out and the rooster you have now will probably go after him to say “I’m boss rooster!!!” And I would not interfere with them. If the rooster you have now will not stop the will probably not get a long. And they should be fine in the same coop!

Back
Top Bottom