2 roosters?

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
Ok, I have 2 rooster and 9 hens. There all pretty young, yesterday I found out I have another rooster. The ages are 5 week old chickens and 7 week old ones. Well Yesterday I had 2 roos play fighting, and I was wondering how many hens should each rooster have.. and do i have to seperate the roosters? right now all the hens and roosters are together, and I don't want to have to get rid of one of my roosters because all the people around me who offered to take one of my rooster, are playing on killing him, when he gets bigger, and I'm to attached to him to have him killed
sad.png
so should I seperate them or will they be fine together if theirs anough hens to mate with when they get older?

oh and when should my roster start to mate with my hens? (how old)?

Thanks

Due to my own stupidity, I have 3 roosters and six hens. I've already had to isolate one of the roosters because he was fighting with the other two. As soon as I get up the courage, two roosters are going to the soup pot. All my hens have bare backs from overmating, and try not to come down from the roosts because the roos go for them. I've had to put saddles on all the hens, but it's still not enough. One rooster is plenty!

ok so do you think i should get a cage and seperate one roster, and when I want the hen to be mating with him i'll put the one rooster away and let the other out or would that go bad?

Back
Top Bottom