2 sick then dead

BrittanyD10

Chirping
Jul 30, 2020
I've had two pullets get sick then die suddenly,
They are slow moving around, act weak but can still walk but prefer not to, won't eat or drink so I had to syringe the water for them then a few hours later died.... I'm hoping it's not contagious any idea what it could be?
One died 2 weeks ago and the other today...
I bought vitamins to put in the water for the other chickens and medicine for worms just in case

Perhaps it has lethargy? When they have lethargy they won’t really eat or drink, or walk around, and they will usually stay by themselves. Also, check inside their “mouth” to see it they have like a yellow “goo” kind of thing. If they do, that is contagious, and the chicken will most likely die as the “goo” will become bigger and bigger until she can’t breathe. Also if she has this ”goo” (at least in my case) she will keep her mouth open nearly always, but I hope they get well soon!

Perhaps it has lethargy? When they have lethargy they won’t really eat or drink, or walk around, and they will usually stay by themselves. Also, check inside their “mouth” to see it they have like a yellow “goo” kind of thing. If they do, that is contagious, and the chicken will most likely die as the “goo” will become bigger and bigger until she can’t breathe. Also if she has this ”goo” (at least in my case) she will keep her mouth open nearly always, but I hope they get well soon!
No goo because I forced her mouth open to drink some water with vitamins in it

No goo because I forced her mouth open to drink some water with vitamins in it
Well, that’s good, so yay! I don’t really know any other possible disease with your description, but maybe lethargy, as a chicken won’t really do anything and be way less energetic than usually. Perhaps a Google search could help? Let me know if you need anything else, thanks!

What did their poop look like? Normal, runny, blood etc?
What are you feeding them?
Do they have grit?
Did you check their crops?

Back
Top Bottom