2 silke girls and one 7wk. old silkie roo *free* Pinckney, MI

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by usalbrechts, Aug 3, 2008.

1. usalbrechts

usalbrechts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    south east MI
    I have two 1 year old non bearded, white silkie hens to give away. they are sweet girls, very tame and nice. One just hatched her first clutch of eggs in June. I have too many silkies for my coop come winter. I am going to keep 2 or 3 of the new babies, so I need to lighten my silkie load to do so. I won't ship them. I also have one 7 week old blue silkie roo available. I am pretty sure he is a roo, has spur bumps and a bigger comb than the girls. He has not crowed yet though. But, like I said I am pretty sure he is a roo.

The girls

[​IMG]

The baby boy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    I'm looking for one roo to add to our flock. I'm new to chickens but we have BO's, RIR's, BR's and Isa Browns; 15 total, all pullets and they are 7 weeks old. I'll do some reading on Silkies but do you think they would all get along? Where are you located; we're in White Lake.

Lisa

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I would love to take them but I live in Kansas... We're getting some chicks soon but I never have enough chickens right? Lol

4. BowChickaBowMow

BowChickaBowMow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I'll take the girls if you're not in a hurry to get rid of them? We've been wanting some silkies, but were going to wait 'til spring. Yours are already a yr old, so that'd be great! If Lisa doesn't end up taking the roo, I'll take him too! [​IMG]

My kids will be so excited! [​IMG]

I'll pm you!

5. usalbrechts

May 22, 2007
    south east MI
    Lisa, The main difference is that silkies are bantams. That means that the rooster would end up being smaller than the full sized chickens that you have already. When I first got my silkies I had the two hens and a rooster. I put them in the same coop with my 12 full sized chickens. They did get along, although I never saw the roo mate with the 12. The big gils did boss him around. He just started mating the silkie girls when he was killed by a predator one winter night! I live in Pinckney, not far from you, if your interested we could meet in between (like 23 and 59 or something)

The two girls have been taken
    (thanks chick a bowmow!)
    -Jennifer

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  6. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Well I don't want him for mating only crowing [​IMG]
    Since they are all the same age do you think my girls will bully him? Also, what are you asking for him?

7. usalbrechts

May 22, 2007
    south east MI
    I think they would get used to each other. You can search the ins and outs of introducing a new bird to an existing flock on this site. I don't know how different the procedure would be for babies, it probably won't be hard since they are young. I am just giving him away.

8. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi

are you by Rose city,

I'm going up there this Sat,

would be interested in the girls

I live in Linden , south of flint

9. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, I'm a goof this morning

your just south of me.

about 40 min or so

10. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    I sent you a PM then read your further down post that the girls were taken already so ignore my pm [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by