2 story coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kanesco23, Jan 25, 2014.

1. kanesco23

kanesco23 New Egg

Jan 3, 2014
    Louisiana
    So I've been doing my research. That is the kind of person I am. I love to read and find my own answers. That being said I developed a plan for an 8x16 coop at about 8 foot tall. to house our chickens. The more I sat and thought on it I have started to think that there is a better option for price and space. I havent really found any literature on this I was wondering if anyone has experience with a 2 story coop. I was thinking about maybe 8x8 and about 12 feet tall. Second story would be removable for cleaning. (not sure how). Any ideas or advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Im just trying to get ready for some chicks in april!

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Hello & welcome! I love to research stuff also! It was a full year before I bought my birds and I'm glad I did it that way.
    A high rise coop eh? I've never heard of one or seen one. Can't think why it wouldn't work tho'. Perhaps if upstairs was a half floor with laddered access for the girls? Interesting idea! Keep us posted and post pix if you decide to go ahead, Sue

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by