1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 Sumatra and one EE Cockerel

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by AKMotherClucker, Oct 9, 2015.

1. AKMotherClucker

AKMotherClucker Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2015
    I received three cockerels in my order of female chicks this spring. We are very sad that both of our Sumatra chickens are boys:( I am desperately trying to re-home them all locally, but not currently having any luck. Just pay shipping! These boys are too beautiful for the stew pot! Contact me here for more information. These boys hatched at the end of May 2015. (only one Sumatra is pictured, but we have two)

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Where are you located?
    Do you live somewhere that does not allow roosters?

3. AKMotherClucker

Jun 8, 2015
    Southeast alaska, and yes. Roosters are not allowed within city limits, which annoys me because we have neighbors with dogs that bark constantly, but a rooster crowing is too loud. :(

4. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe you could try a no-crow collar? I heard that they will still crow with it on, it will just be shorter and quieter.
    Just throwing out the suggestion because they are real pretty, but I cannot get them.
    Good luck with re-homing them!

5. MTMSChickens

MTMSChickens New Egg

Oct 26, 2015
    Can you ship to the lower 48?

6. AKMotherClucker

Jun 8, 2015
    Yes, but winter has set in for us, so shipping is not really a current option:(

7. beto Rodriguez

beto Rodriguez Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2016
    Gilmer tx
    Do u still have them

8. javi21602

javi21602 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2016
    Do u still have them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by