2 turkey males and 1 female?

Jaycie1304

Hatching
Sep 21, 2022
I bought 3 royal palm pullets from this lady saying i had 2 girls and 1 boy but she made a mistake. Im in love with all of them...i know for chickens that thats a terrible ratio but ive never kept turkey before, is this super bad and do i need to get rid of 1 NOW or are toms more chill? Thank you for your time !

And another question, 1 boy is completely black and white like the breed always looks but the other boy has some very light browning and patterns on him, does that mean hes a mix or just bad genes?

Posting pictures may help. Generally you can't tell the sex visually until after 3 months of age.

I bought 3 royal palm pullets from this lady saying i had 2 girls and 1 boy but she made a mistake. Im in love with all of them...i know for chickens that thats a terrible ratio but ive never kept turkey before, is this super bad and do i need to get rid of 1 NOW or are toms more chill? Thank you for your time !

And another question, 1 boy is completely black and white like the breed always looks but the other boy has some very light browning and patterns on him, does that mean hes a mix or just bad genes?
Pullets are chickens. I assume that you mean poults.

It will be harmful to the health of the hen to have her with two toms. At the best she is likely to get injured, at the worst, she could end up dead. I try to keep at least 4 to 5 hens for one tom.

The one that has brown is a Tri-color and not a Royal Palm.

Pullets are chickens. I assume that you mean poults.

It will be harmful to the health of the hen to have her with two toms. At the best she is likely to get injured, at the worst, she could end up dead. I try to keep at least 4 to 5 hens for one tom.

The one that has brown is a Tri-color and not a Royal Palm.
Your awesomeeee, thank you for your time! Guess one of my boys had gotta go, have a good day

Back
Top Bottom