2 twelve week old Roosters looking for homes in VA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Lou456, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Lou456

Lou456 New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Two out of my seven 12 week old chicks have turned out to be sweet roosters. I was told one was half buff and the other is a barnyard mix. I was also told they were all hens.They are both sweet and get along. Our 1/2 buff rooster is large and in charge! He is already leading and watching out for the hens. My family has grown very attached to these guys, which makes re-homing very difficult, Our city does not allow roosters. I am hoping someone out there might be in need of a rooster or two to protect and lead their chickens. So far they are quiet with only cute noises when they greet us. We are willing to separate the roosters.

2. Lou456

Lou456 New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Roosters in Southeast VA still looking for a good home. They've done a great job keeping my small flock safe and I wish I was able to keep them. I don't have enough hens to make these guys happy. I'm willing to transport them to their new home within a reasonable distance.

3. BIGTEXIAN

BIGTEXIAN New Egg

Jul 22, 2016
    I am in S.W. Va. on the blue ridge just outside Hillsville Va. and I need a buff rooster, do you still have it?

4. Lou456

Lou456 New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Yes, I've been holding onto him until I can find him a good home. He's about 17 weeks now and still a sweet guy. He's 1/2 buff and 1/2 Rhode Island Red. He's gorgeous!

5. BIGTEXIAN

BIGTEXIAN New Egg

Jul 22, 2016
    I just picked up another rooster and can only have one at a time right now but I will see if I can find someone to take them where are you located exactly?

6. Lou456

Lou456 New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Thanks! We are in Chesapeake (SouthEast), VA and willing to drive a couple of hours for a good home. I've spent a lot of time in your area and a great place for a chicken! Lou and Pogi can be separated. They are working well together so far. It's a shame our neighbor's don't appreciate the crowing. I'll update their photos soon. They have grown up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by