2 unknown bantam chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KellysUTAHchic, Apr 18, 2012.

1. KellysUTAHchic

KellysUTAHchic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    I was wondering if anyone knew what these two chicks are. All I know is they are bantams. They both are 3 weeks old. The black one has feathered feet and the blondish one has no feathers on feet. Thank you for the help. Can't wait to see how they are going to look when the are finished growing. Mr Peeper (the blackish one) and Skuzzle (the blond one) are two spoiled chicks =)[​IMG][​IMG]

2. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Hey, welcome to the forums! [​IMG]

I would guess that Mr. Peeper is a Cuckoo Marans. Does he have reddish eyes?

3. KellysUTAHchic

Apr 18, 2012
    Mr Peeper has really dark eyes. More dark, dark brown. He also has feathered feet. I was hoping he would be a cochin. His feathers seem to slightley curling up too on his wings and feet. Thanks for your help [​IMG]

4. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    Wait! Are his feet feathered? Cochins have fuzzy feet. Scuzzle might be an Ameraucana/Easter Egger. Maybe. If Mr. Peeper doesn't have feathered feet, I'd agree w/ Red. He could also be a Barred Rock.

5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

1st look like a barred bantam cochin. 2nd i cant tell

6. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Hmm, okay. Marans is likely out, then, since they have red eyes. You could be right, he might be a Barred Cochin. He's very cute!

7. KellysUTAHchic

Apr 18, 2012
    Yeah Mr Peeper has barred color feathers with feathers on feet. Mr Peeper I figured he was a cochin but wasn't 100% sure. Skuzzle I have no clue what he is. That would be neat if he was a EE. Only got two chicks this yr and they both are most likely roosters. My two chicks get a long most of the time but they both like to run up on eachother and puff up at one another. Is that a sign of two roosters?

8. stephanie1992

can u get a better pic of the 2nd ones comb?? it looks like some kind of wyandotte to me.. i would not say its an EE. Its legs are yellow and i dont see a beard or muffs

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  9. KellysUTAHchic

Apr 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. stephanie1992

id say Blue laced red wyandotte or buff wyandotte

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by