1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

2 Week old barnyard mix. Looks like a rooster already?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Brahmamama4, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Brahmamama4

Brahmamama4 In the Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    Washington
    This chick is a mix of goodness knows what. I had to help him/her out of the egg after 24 hours of no progress and he/she is thriving! Looking like it's got a huge comb already though...you experts think rooster?

[​IMG]

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    too young to say for sure

3. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Songster

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Do you have any idea what sort of a mix it is? If it's part leghorn or another big-combed breed, it might be a pullet. But... a comb that big at that age is making me lean a little towards roo.

4. I'm going to say pullet, because I'm new and I can. (Actually I just think it's a pullet because of the sweetness in her eyes) [​IMG]

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

6. Brahmamama4

Brahmamama4 In the Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    Washington
    It is most likely a leghorn mix. She had tons of different free ranging chickens on the ranch I bought the eggs from. These were hatched from my broody hen :). Thanks for the input. I will try to update as they get older and let you know what we find!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by