2 week old chick -- lots of head twitching

katecox

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
I need help. Our robust Ke'a (Rhode Island Red) has started shaking/twitching her head a lot today. She is also not as active as she typically has been. I am worried. We lost another chick a week ago to either Wry Neck/Crazy Chick or Marek's. I am just on edge...

Thank you.

AngieB

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 29, 2009
Livonia
I see that no one responded to this. I have a 3 week old silkie doing this. What ever happened? Is your chick okay? Otherwise the chick seems fine, eating, pooping sleeping, active. It seems to even twitch its head when it's sleeping sometimes. But doesn't twitch constantly.

Last edited:

Genniferm

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Ange - I have the exact same thing --a silke that's almost a month old and she twitches her head a ton. Even when she's sleeping - just like yours! I have no idea what causes it--she seems to be normal, eating, pooping, fluttering her wings....she even started eating a couple of worms that I've thrown in. I have 2 silkes and one does it more, but they both do it. They're growing and behaving normally, and I can't find anything online with helpful information.

If anyone knows anything about this condition, I'd love the advice, too!

Top Bottom