2 week old chick peeping and walking in circles

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kmberrien, May 6, 2011.

1. kmberrien

kmberrien New Egg

May 6, 2011
    I have a 2 week old chick that was fine one night and then next morning it was totally lethargic, unresponsive. This chicken was always the fastest to get away when I went to hold them and it didn't even move when I tried to pick it up. I gave antibiotics in water, at advice of woman in store where I bought it. By the end of the day it was moving around but flapping its wings and only going in circles. Now (day 3 ) it is walking, but still going around in circles and peeping constantly.

I cleaned its poopy butt so that isn't the problem Keeping bedding and water clean (changing the water a few times a day since they seem to insist messing it all the time). There are 3 chicks in the brooder right now, all bought from the same store at the same time. The other two are fine and healthy and growing like gangbusters.

The breed is Sicilian Buttercup, if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    You might want to add poly vi sol(enfimal) vitamins(no iron) drops in the water too. I'm having problems with a chick too and the vitamins seem to help the best. I also use probios(probiotics) and I'm giving my chick a boiled egg yolk every few hours. However, my girl has a horrible respitory problem. I'm treating my entire flock with everything as well. Good luck.

You can buy the infant vitamins at any grocery store.

Last edited: May 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by