2 week old chicks outside?

RubelliteRose

Songster
Apr 15, 2020
SE Virginia
I wanna have 'too hot' worry 😄. I am dreading winter.... Brrrrr!
You'll feel better about that when you remember that from late May to early September I consider 90F a cool day.
Yep! We have similar temps and had weeks of 110+ heat index this summer. You can be jealous of our winters though. We rarely go below 20;)

Ponypoor

Songster
May 23, 2021
Central Ontario, Canada
You'll feel better about that when you remember that from late May to early September I consider 90F a cool day.
Ok 🙂 when it's -40c here I will be thankful 🤣

It's all relative I guess. Have experienced desert climate and extreme cold. Prefer the heat! It's really annoying when you're unplugging your truck at -43c and the power cord plastic cracks and breaks and you ask yourself 'who the heck tested this for use at -70c?' and your eyes water and when you blink the eyelashes freeze together, your clothes crackle and you hope your -50c rated coat doesn't tear/crack with the cold hahahaha.

But the one good thing with cold is that it kills off pests and such.

3KillerBs

Enabler
12 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
Ok 🙂 when it's -40c here I will be thankful 🤣

It's all relative I guess. Have experienced desert climate and extreme cold. Prefer the heat! It's really annoying when you're unplugging your truck at -43c and the power cord plastic cracks and breaks and you ask yourself 'who the heck tested this for use at -70c?' and your eyes water and when you blink the eyelashes freeze together, your clothes crackle and you hope your -50c rated coat doesn't tear/crack with the cold hahahaha.

But the one good thing with cold is that it kills off pests and such.

I've never experienced lower than about -10F and that was cold enough.

Top Bottom